Arup completed his BSc in Microbiology and MSc in Biophysics from the University of Bombay and PhD from Roswell Park Cancer Institute under SUNY at Buffalo, NY. He did his MA in psychology from Annamalai University. Arup studied homeopathy at the British Institute of Homeopathy and at the International Academy of Classical Homeopathy (George Vithoulkas). From 1992 until 1999, he was Director and the main spirit behind the Centre for Homoeopathic Cure, Dombivili, near Mumbai (Bombay), India. He was involved in training and teaching homeopathy and now continues that passion in North America. Currently he lives in Buffalo, NY, USA and he teaches and practices classical homeopathy in WNY, FL and ON. He conducts regular seminars on live case taking, follow-up and case management with advanced practitioners. Arup is a registered homeopath in ON, Canada. Arup is also an Advisor and steering committee member for the Wellness and Integrative Medicine Center at Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY, USA.
Here is a link to an Interview with Arup in AICR ScienceNow – Interview Link
And here is the link on him in the Practitioner Spotlight in Buffalo Natural Awakenings Feb 2016 issue
After finishing his postdoctoral training in Translational Pharmacology and Physiology, Arup currently is a Research Faculty at the Department of Cancer Prevention and Control at Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY, where he works on anticancer efficacy of prolidase, nutritional supplements including selenium, broccoli extracts, horseradish extracts etc. Arup regularly contributes to various scientific meetings such as AICR and AACR meetings as well as various journals including the Health Newsletter, Asian Homeopathic Journal, and scientific journals such as Clinical Cancer Research, Neoplasia, Oncogene etc.
Arup has been a member of the following organizations:
- RSHom (NA) of North American Society of Homeopaths
- Full member, College of Homeopaths of Ontario
- Past member, American Association for Cancer Research (AACR)
- Past member, International Society For Magnetic Resonance in Medicine (ISMRM)
- Past member, American Association of Physicists in Medicine (AAPM)
- Past member, National United Professional Association of Trained Homeopaths (NUPATH), Canada
- Past member, Homeopathic Medical Council of Canada (HMCC), Canada
- Associate member of the Institute of Company Secretary of India
- International German Homoeopathic Society
- Commonwealth Institute of Acupuncture & Natural Medicine
- Associate member of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India
- Former Member of the Acupuncture Foundation of Sri Lanka
- Former-member of Bombay Management Association
- Former-associate member of the International Federation of Practitioners of Natural Therapeutics, UK.