The initial evaluation can last anywhere from 45 minutes to two hours. Follow-up appointments generally last up to 30 minutes. In most cases you will be asked to be in touch over phone, text or e-mail to inform significant changes that you perceive in order to advise you further on the remedies. This is especially true and critical for clients on the LM range of homeopathic remedies. A follow-up visit in chronic cases is scheduled at every 2-4 weeks intervals. While the beneficial effects of homeopathic treatment are often incredibly quick, for radical removal of most dis-ease may take longer. Very often due to the initial improvements some clients decide to delay or postpone the follow-up visit and this is generally not conducive to a complete healing and hence is not advisable. In acute situations one is encouraged to keep in touch few times a day or every other day in order to monitor the situation. In some such acute cases, a follow-up may be required in 5-7 days
Every client is an unique person with their own set of very specific emotional, mental and physical constructs and problems. Hence it is very critical to give as much information as possible not only of your physical ailments but those that pertain to your emotional and mental state of being (Especially past and current stressors). Homeopathy is based on the individualization of the patient and tailoring the treatment based on rare, unusual and peculiar characteristic of the presenting symptoms of the case to arrive at the ‘similimum’ – a remedy choice that hold the promise to heal in the gentlest and effective way possible. Information on your diagnosis, medication (allopathic, herbal or supplements) are also critical in order to come to a proper remedy and monitor progress.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES ANY MEDICATION YOU ARE TAKING WILL BE DISCONTINUED AT THE INITIAL VISIT. YOU MUST CLEARLY UNDERSTAND THAT YOU SHOULD CONTINUE TO TAKE ALL YOUR MEDICATIONS UNTIL YOU AND YOUR PRIMARY PHYSICIAN DECIDE THAT YOUR CONDITION HAS IMPROVED TO THE POINT WHEN CERTAIN MEDICINES CAN BE SLOWLY TAPERED OFF. PLEASE DO NOT STOP TAKING YOUR MEDICATIONS WITHOUT CONSULTING YOUR PRIMARY PHYSICIAN!
While potentized homeopathic remedies are among the most gentlest of substances with no side-effects. In some instances, at the beginning of the healing process, there may occur an intensified healing response in the form of a brief aggravation of initial or return of some old symptoms and often with an ensuing variety of discharges. This takes place as the vitality of the body realigns and tries to regain balance. Such brief reactions are often followed by an amelioration of the disease condition and an overall improvement in health.
What precaution to take while on homeopathy ?
Homeopathy comes in many different forms: liquid, tablets, and ointments. We discourage use of over the counter homeopathic combinations or homeopathic ointments. The most common form is a pellet made from milk sugar with a homeopathic remedy instilled in them using special sophisticated techniques. A pellet (or number of pellets) has to be put under the tongue to dissolve. It is recommended that the pellets not be touched since any contamination might potentially interfere with the potency of the remedy. For the same reason, containers with homeopathic remedies are stored in places free of strong odors, including perfume, food odors and extreme of temperatures. Ideally, the remedies should be dispensed as liquid to get the best effect and use long term.
Following can interfere with homeopathy and it is advisable to be aware of these and also inform your homeopath if your upcoming schedule involve such activities:
- Major dental work, including high-speed drilling, grinding and ultrasonic cleaning.
- Excessive, and in some cases even moderate consumption of coffee and stimulants.
- Street drugs, including marijuana
- Camphor (used as an ingredient in many cosmetics and salves, such as Tiger Balm, Blistex, Vick’s Vaporub, Noxzema, Chapstick, Karmex, See Breeze, some shaving creams, liniments and many other products which have a similar odor is a universal antidote and should be avoided.
- Electric Blankets. If you must use them, make sure that the electricity is off after you warmed the bed (to avoid exposure to the electromagnetic field).
- Certain Holistic therapies, such as acupuncture, craniosacral manipulation, polarity therapy, etc should not be used simultaneously with homeopathy unless the healers work in tandem.
- Strong odors in the mouth or the environment at the time of taking the remedy can inactivate the homeopathic medicine. That’s why we recommend taking the remedy at least 10 minutes before or 30 minutes after eating, drinking (water is allowed), chewing gum, brushing your teeth, and smoking.